BioOne is a nonprofit publisher that aims to make scientific research more accessible through a growing portfolio of products including its full-text aggregation, BioOne Complete. As an aggregator, BioOne contracts with participating publishers for the online reproduction of journal content - including text, images and supplementary information - through non-exclusive licensing agreements. BioOne is not the copyright holder with respect to journals in BioOne Complete.
BioOne does not accept subscription payments to its aggregation BioOne Complete through the Site. For sales inquiries or payment history information, please contact BioOne Library Services.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy; Notices of Infringement
BioOne is committed to respecting the intellectual property rights of authors and creators and requires that users of the Site and BioOne Complete and materials made available through the Site and BioOne Complete do the same. If you believe that material made available through the Site or BioOne Complete violates your copyright or that of someone on whose behalf you are authorized to act, please send a written communication containing the following information to BioOne's designated Copyright Agent (see below). Pursuant to Section 512(c) of the Copyright Act, the notice must contain the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Sufficient information to identify the copyrighted work(s) you claim has been infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works on the Site or in BioOne Complete;
- A description of the infringing material that is to be removed or to which access is to be disabled and the location on the Site or in BioOne Complete (URL) of such material;
- Your name, telephone number, and email address so that we may contact you;
- The following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material described above is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law"; and,
- The following statement: "The information contained in this notification is accurate and I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I am, or am authorized to act on behalf of, the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
Failure to include all of the above information may result in a delay in processing your notification. If you wish to reach our designated agent, please contact:
If you wish to reach our designated agent, please contact:
Lutzker & Lutzker LLP
Use of BioOne Trademarks
BioOne, BioOne Complete, and BioOne Career Center, including names and associated logo designs, are trademarks of BioOne, and represent the source and goodwill associated with our organization, products, and services. Use of the word marks (BioOne, BioOne Complete, and BioOne Career Center) are permissible to the extent allowed by fair use principles. BioOne Complete subscribers and publishers participating in BioOne Complete may use the BioOne logo for any purpose related to BioOne Complete. Any use of the BioOne logo by others is subject to prior authorization by BioOne. Please contact us for more information. Improper use of BioOne's logos:
- You cannot use BioOne's logos to refer to another organization or another organization's product or services.
- You cannot use BioOne's logos in any manner that would confuse the viewer or could imply sponsorship or endorsement.
- You cannot change or alter the appearance of BioOne's logos.
- You cannot use BioOne's logos without crediting BioOne's ownership of said logo.
- You cannot use BioOne's logos as a link separate from an attaching URL.
Use of Materials Available on BioOne Complete
Republication, systematic reproduction, posting in electronic form on servers, or other uses of material found on the Site or in BioOne Complete (hereinafter sometimes referred to as the Content), except to the extent permissible under fair use principles, require permission or license directly from the journal's primary publisher or copyright holder. Many of BioOne Complete's participating publishers use the Copyright Clearance Center (CCC) for their rights licensing. BioOne is a participant in CCC's RightsConnect, which provides easy-to-use, article-level links for participating publications. Users who wish to make a request to reuse or reproduce Content should click on the "Rights & Permissions" link listed below the article in the issue's table of contents, or in the sidebar within the article's full text view. Please direct rights requests for titles not participating in RightsConnect or the CCC to the respective publication's editorial office. Contact details for individual publications are available on individual titles' publisher pages, accessible from the BioOne Publisher list. You acquire no rights or licenses to the Content other than the limited rights to use it in accordance with these terms, and you agree to abide by all posted copyright notices or restrictions relating to the Content. Except as provided in the next paragraph and/or permitted by fair use principles, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, display, perform, modify, create derivative works from, transmit or in any way exploit any part of the Content. You may download or copy the Content and other downloadable items displayed on the Site for personal use only, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other notices contained therein. Copying or storing of the Content for other than personal use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from the copyright holder identified in the copyright notice associated with the Content. Any unauthorized use of the Content may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
Third Party Links
The Site may provide links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that BioOne is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content (including misrepresentative or defamatory content) of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external sites or resources. If you wish to link to the Site, you are permitted to do so as long as you adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please inform BioOne that you are adding our link to your site by contacting us with your web address.
- We do not allow our links to appear on websites that promote any form of bigotry or pornography, or any site encouraging or engaged in illegal activities.
- If your site includes a blog or any content reflecting personal opinion, we require that you place a disclaimer on your page, "BioOne does not endorse, review, or authorize any included content or statements of opinion on this site."
- BioOne is a not-for-profit and nonpartisan organization. No statement should be made that implies or suggests that BioOne is a partner of your organization without the written approval of BioOne.
- You cannot link to the Site if your website harms or diminishes the mission of BioOne.
- You cannot add our link to your site if it in any way endorses a product, service, individual or organization.