BioOne partners with publishers all over the world to provide timely peer-reviewed research on a broad range of environmental and ecological sciences. For the scientists whose work appears in BioOne Complete, Earth Day is every day. We are proud to bring you the results of their “climate action” in this special collection of articles addressing critical environmental themes:
- Climate Science
- Renewable Energy
- Environmental Security
- Air Pollution
- The Anthropocene
- Biodiversity Conservation
- Citizen Science
- Water Quality
- and more
All articles are freely available through May 31, 2020, with thanks to our participating publishers.
Earth Day 2020: A BioOne Collection
- Temporal partitioning and the effects of climate change on two ecologically similar desert bats in Journal of Mammology
- Climate—Growth Relationships of Pinus rigida (Mill.) at the Species' Northern Range Limit, Acadia National Park, ME in Northeastern Naturalist
- Teaching Climate Science to Increase Understanding & Receptivity in The American Biology Teacher
- Climate Change and Kansas Water Management: Perspectives and Opportunities in Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science
- China's Renewable Marine Energy Based on Big Data in Journal of Coastal Research
- Renewable Energy, Energy Conservation, and US Rangelands in Rangelands
- Scenarios of Solar Energy Use on the 'Roof of the World': Potentials and Environmental Benefits in Mountain Research and Development
- A Review of Options for Mitigating Take of Golden Eagles at Wind Energy Facilities in Journal of Raptor Research
- Spatial Demographic Models to Inform Conservation Planning of Golden Eagles in Renewable Energy Landscapes in Journal of Raptor Research
- Renewable Energy, Authenticity, and Tourism: Social Acceptance of Photovoltaic Installations in a Swiss Alpine Region in Mountain Research and Development
- Building Food Security in the Canadian Arctic through the Development of Sustainable Community Greenhouses and Gardening in Ecoscience
- Agroforestry Can Enhance Food Security While Meeting Other Sustainable Development Goals in Tropical Conservation Science
- Lichen-based indices to quantify responses to climate and air pollution across northeastern U.S.A in The Bryologist
- Houston's Novel Strategy to Control Hazardous Air Pollutants: A Case Study in Policy Innovation and Political Stalemate in Environmental Health Insights
- Deforestation of 'Degraded' Rangelands: The Argentine Chaco Enters the Next Stage of the Anthropocene in Rangelands
- Biodiversity Education & the Anthropocene: An Indicator of Extinction or Recovery in The American Biology Teacher
- Adverse Human Health Impacts in the Anthropocene in Environmental Health Insights
- Conservation of Biodiversity and Its Value in Agricultural Products in Journal of Resources and Ecology
- People’s Perceptions of the Benefits of Natural Beekeeping and Its Positive Outcomes for Forest Conservation : A Case Study in Northern Lao PDR in Tropical Conservation Science
- Global Biodiversity Conservation and the Alleviation of Poverty in BioScience
- African Wild Dog Habitat Use Modelling Using Telemetry Data and Citizen Scientist Sightings: Are the Results Comparable? in African Journal of Wildlife Research
- Five New Records of Introduced Terrestrial Gastropods in Southern California Discovered by Citizen Science in American Malacalogical Bulletin
- Citizen Science as a Tool for Mosquito Control in Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association
- Fifteen Years of River Otter Monitoring by Citizen-Science Volunteers in Northern California: Litter Size in Northwestern Naturalist
- Prospects and Limitations of Citizen Science in Invasive Species Management: A Case Study with Burmese Pythons in Everglades National Park in Southeastern Naturalist
- Family Variation of Aquatic Insects and Water Properties to Assess Freshwater Quality in El-Mansouriya Stream, Egypt in African Entomology
- Land Stewardship and Freshwater Outcomes: An Overview of Practice and Results in Natural Areas Journal
Stay up to date with critical environmental research: sign up for BioOne Complete email alerts
- Content Alerts for notifications when new issues/ebooks are published.
- Errata Alerts for updates to published articles or papers.
- Citation Alerts for notifications when a specific article is cited.
- Search Alerts for newly published content matching specific search criteria.
Manage alerts by signing in to your free BioOne Complete. Once signed in, click the arrow next to your name in the black bar at the top of the screen and select Email Alerts from the drop down menu.
BioOne is a sustainable organization founded to serve the best interests of publishers and librarians. We provide accessible peer-reviewed and highly relevant research in the biological, environmental, and ecological sciences.